Taking a day off to spend some quality time with family is always a top priority, especially in Larchmont, where there is a wealth of activities all members of the family will enjoy. Bring some sunblock and a picnic basket full of goodies for a day out with your family. Here are our top picks of family-friendly outings in Larchmont.
- Enjoy the peace and quiet at Larchmont Manor Park & Beach. This gorgeous park on Park Ave is a family-friendly location for picnics and simple gatherings. Come by during the Fourth of July for unobstructed views of the yearly fireworks show. For more information about the Larchmont Manor Park & Beach, log on to http://larchmontmanorpark.org.
- Enjoy music and arts classes with your kids at Groove Performing Arts. A family-friendly music and arts studio, Groove Performing Arts offers an array of educational programs kids and kids-at-heart will surely bond over, including the award-winning Music for Aardvarks and Other Mammals. You can head over to http://findgroove.com for more information about their classes and events.
- Frolic along the beach with your beloved four-legged friend. When it comes to family, let’s not forget our ever loyal and trustworthy furry friend. Head to Larchmont Dog Beach for a simple picnic and play with your dog to your heart’s content. Bring the kids as well – they’ll surely enjoy playing with Fido.
- Glide like an award-winning figure skater at Hommocks Park Ice Rink. Located just behind Hommocks Middle School, Hommocks Park Ice Rink is a great facility where the whole family can learn how to skate and play hockey. Aside from skating lessons and hockey games, Hommocks Park Ice Rink can also be the venue of your next birthday celebration or family get-together. Check out this link for more information.
- Sign your kids up for fun and interesting educational programs.The Larchmont Public Library is not only for adults, but for kids as well! The facility offers several programs for children that vary in scope and subject. Have your kids learn about music, create their own experiments, and make friends. Children as young as 3 years old can enroll in some of the programs.
Are you interested to know more about Larchmont? Check out our community profile for more information.