Westchester County has long earned a reputation as being an artistic haven for being the home of several arts and culture venues. If you’re not doing anything this weekend, plan a date with yourself, a friend, or a loved one and bathe in the local arts and culture scene. Here are some spots you shouldn’t miss.
- Katonah Museum of Art – Step inside the revered halls of Katonah Museum of Art and a variety of exhibits will welcome you. This non-collecting institution is a favorite among arts and culture enthusiasts who love to admire and learn more about different artistic disciplines, historical periods, and cultures.
You’ll find Katonah Museum of Art at 134 Jay St, Katonah, NY. For more information, log on to http://katonahmuseum.org.
- Neuberger Museum of Art – Neuberger is the place to be in Westchester if you’re looking for a healthy dose of 20th century and contemporary art. The real treasure, however, is the facility’s collection of beautiful African art. When you visit Neuberger Museum of Art, you’ll also get to tick something off your list, as the facility is listed as the tenth largest university museum in the country.
Neuberger Museum of Art is located at Purchase College, 735 Anderson Hill Rd, Purchase, NY. Check out http://neuberger.org for more details.
- Clay Art Center – Admire ceramic masterpieces and get your hands dirty as you make your own work of art at the Clay Art Center. The most active ceramic facility in the county, the center offers a variety of ceramic instruction and pottery workshops that will help you hone your art.
Clay Art Center is located at 40 Beech St, Port Chester, NY. For a complete list of programs, log on to http://clayartcenter.org.
- Emelin Theatrefor the Performing Arts – A 275-seat nonprofit theater, Emelin delivers something for everybody – you can pop, bluegrass, comedy, dance, jazz, folk, and a whole lot of other productions. Best of all, Emelin Theatre also produces kid-friendly shows with their children’s theatre productions.
Drive all the way to 153 Library Ln, Mamaroneck, NY to visit Emelin Theatre. For more details, including schedule of shows, visit http://emelin.org.
- Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts – For the best summer and fall music festivals in Westchester County, head over to Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts. You can check out their calendar of shows and ticket information at http://caramoor.org.
Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts is located at 149 Girdle Ridge Rd, Katonah, NY.
You can also read our blog post about the White Plains Performing Arts Center here. If you’re looking for more things to do in Westchester County, check out this link.